Question:
Tell me about PERTH?
nonentity
2006-06-22 08:03:24 UTC
Any Aussies here to explain the
a)History
b)Geography
c)Economy
d)Language/Culture
e)Racial & Religion composition
about PERTH in particular?
Eight answers:
researchtissue
2006-06-22 08:10:46 UTC
check out wikipedia link, it has all the info

Perth is the capital and most populous city of the Australian state of Western Australia, and is the fourth largest city in Australia, with a population of approximately 1.47 million in June 2005.[1] It is a coastal city, located beside the Indian Ocean, and situated on the Swan River in the lower south-western portion of the Australian continent.

*****

Perth is a vibrant and modern city sitting between the cerulean Indian Ocean and the ancient Darling Ranges. It claims to be the sunniest state capital in Australia, though more striking is its isolation from the rest of the country - Perth is over 4400km (2750mi) from Sydney by road.

Unfortunately the city centre's sterile concrete-and-glass skyscrapers dominate a picturesque riverside location. Still, behind the towering edifices hide a handful of 19th-century buildings and facades and some saving-grace patches of greenery.

Full Name

Perth

Area

1,075 sq km

415 sq miles

Population

1,300,000

Time Zone

GMT/UTC +8 ()

Daylight Saving Start

not in use

Daylight Saving End

not in use
2016-05-20 15:14:45 UTC
I think Perth's great, the weather's not too extreme with its Mediterranean climate. I lived there for 2 1/2 years studying and had the best time ever, kinda wished I never left! The people are friendly and definitely laid-back. Spring/summer's when everything starts to come alive, especially at the beaches. Amazing coastline if you've got time to do some traveling, the South West coast is something to see. Pros - Plenty of local music & art scene, different type of pubs, culture and music festivals, museums to visit, its beaches, multiculturalism. Perth (especially Fremantle) is the perfect place to sit on a sunny Sunday afternoon with a good book enjoying a cuppa coffee. Cons - Difficult to get around due to the lack of public transport (but you can purchase a car for a fair price), sleepy town (early opening/closing hrs), extremely hot summer. I hope you have a fantastic time there, enjoy! :)
YAMAHA
2006-06-22 08:06:36 UTC

Chk out the link below for more info
?
2006-06-22 23:28:05 UTC
Wow, you're the first person to post the first question in this new category.

The name Perth was chosen in 1829 by James Stirling. Perth is the state capital city of Western Australia and fourth-largest city in Australia.

The people in Perth speaks English.

You can read more at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perth%2C_Western_Australia. The full details of geography and history can be found inside.
2006-06-28 00:51:37 UTC
I am a 3rd generation Aussie. Perth is a wonderful place to live and to bring up children. I have travelled quite a bit and Perth (home) is just fabulous to come back to. We have the best beaches, multiculturalism, beautiful weather, restaurants, scenery.... it is just too vast to name everything. I am not saying either that Perth doesn't have its problems but all cities do but apart from that I feel Perth is just the best. Check out the website and see for yourself. Hope to see you here one day. Poppet
ULURU13
2006-06-27 02:55:14 UTC
It has the cleanest river in the world and beautiful beaches delicious food and warm people i lived there for 13 years and miss the place. There all kind of people from all over the world religion is not very important.
hallitubevolunteer1
2006-06-22 11:35:44 UTC
Visit the clocktower, you will get to ring the bells, deserted beaches nearby, university, excursions north. Modern museum south.

Concered about gridlock?: Write us your views about the Hallitube initiative: see it at http://www.hallisystem.bravehost.com...

Email us at Hallitubeinitiative@yahoo.com (noncommercial at this stage)
ndtaya
2006-06-22 08:06:37 UTC
Well, all I know about is the wine, "Perth Pink" which is rightly praised as a peppermint flavored burgundy...